Karen Kent VanGorder, MD practiced and taught family medicine and obstetrics for 20 years in Lansing, Michigan. She next spent 10 years in leadership roles, finishing her career as the Chief Medical and Quality Officer for Sparrow Health System, and retired in 2022. During her tenure she led the health system’s efforts to successfully care for the mid-Michigan community during the pandemic.
- Other Centered Communication Skills Workshops
- Medical Communications Skills
- 1:1 Coaching for Professionals with inconsistent communications excellence
- Emotionally Sensitive Communications Skills
- Preventing and Addressing “Burnout”
- Physician Onboarding
- Leadership Development and Succession Planning
Education and Training
Dr. Kent VanGorder has a BS in Public Administration from Northern Michigan University, an MD from Michigan State University’s College of Human Medicine, and a Fellowship in Education. She continues to hold a medical license and is Board Certified in Family Medicine.
Dr. Kent resides in East Lansing MI and part time in Naples, Florida, together with her husband Allen. They have two adult children, Ben and Grace. Karen and Allen are avid golfers, enjoy fishing, hiking, skiing and traveling. Karen also is a knitter and admirer of music.
Office: 616.956.3410 | Cell: 517.881.8563